- Award: Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Classification: Level 3
- Hourly wage or Salary: Level 3 (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- Payment of Wages: Payment will be made fortnightly into your nominated bank account Engagement: Casual (Hours as Required)
- Hours of Work: Dependent upon clinic. General span of working hours are Monday – Friday 7.30am – 8.30pm, Saturday & Sunday 9.30am – 6.30pm. Please note, most clinics operate on public holidays.
- Breaks: (including tea and lunch breaks) are rostered.
- Travel: Travel is unlikely to be required between sites. However in circumstances where surrounding clinics need coverage, travel may be required.
- Police Check: Employment is subject to the incumbent providing the employer with a current and clear National Police Check
- Additional: Potential for contact with hazardous material such as blood and bodily fluids; may be required to have relevant Immunisations.
Contribute to the smooth and efficient functioning of the clinic by providing high quality reception and administration support to the patients, doctors and staff at the clinic. Undertake all duties in a caring and supportive manner and provide an exceptional standard of care to patients at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Reception: Greet patients, record appointments and patient arrival, inform patients of delays; answer telephone calls promptly and courteously; pass on messages promptly to appropriate person(s);
- Correspondence: Manage daily incoming and outgoing mail, email and faxes; type and file outgoing correspondence.
- Medical: Arrange and check patient arrival lists, notify referring doctors if required; prepare examination room; Ensuring patients are called for re-call consultations according to clinic policy.
- Liaising with external departments such as pathology, specialist/s, maintenance personnel, including any follow up on requirements from these departments.
- Liaising with Doctors daily regarding paperwork and follow-up any issues arising from documents in their in-trays.
- Financial: Advise patients of credit and billing policies; issue invoices and receipts; process payments; prepare banking and reconcile; maintain petty cash records; follow up bad debts; ensure the billing and electronic submission of batches is correct. Including following the paper trail.
- General Duties: Photocopying; routine cleaning and stocking tasks; ensure reception and waiting areas are clean and tidy; ordering of stationery and surgical supplies upon request.
- Tasks on this position description may be adjusted to best utilize staff abilities in various areas. Duties may be delegated in regards to quality project including Accreditation and National Primary Care Collaborative (NPCC)
- Record Keeping: Scan investigation results and patient information into patient records using appropriate codes; complete daily reports to management detailing occurrences and OH&S issues in the clinic that you have become aware of. These occurrences and OH&S issues are reported on an adverse outcome report.
- Prepare lists and take action when necessary of patients to be recalled with significant investigation results.
- Complete daily check lists before ending each shift.
- Assist in supporting General Practitioners to achieve best patient outcomes.
- Additional Duties as required.
ACCOUNTABILITY & EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
The applicant is responsible for supporting the provision of outstanding customer service. The applicant reports to the HR department, and functions within the guidelines of the Policy and Procedures of GHMC Clinics.
JUDGEMENT & DECISION MAKING
The applicant is expected to possess and further develop excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills to carry out the day to day duties; knowledge of medical terminology and ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all work related issues.
Good Health Medical Centre
- Ensure GHMC’s image is enhanced and protected by performing all duties in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Abide by all GHMC Policies and Procedures.
- Inform Management of any issues likely to adversely affect the performance, image or public perception of the organisation.
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines and use all necessary safety equipment provided, reporting any defect in any such equipment as soon as it comes to your attention.
- Issue GHMC with all personal documentation (e.g. leave applications, sick leave advice, change of address) accurately and promptly.
- Participate in on-going periodic Performance Reviews.
- Act in a respectful, encouraging and helpful manner at all times, particularly when dealing with fellow employees.
- Refrain from making public statements or issuing comments to the media unless specifically authorised by the Directors.
- Ensure due care is exercised in the use of equipment issued or entrusted, and that proper maintenance is carried out on a regular basis.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA Essential
- Demonstrates ability to provide high standard reception and administrative support
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate warmly and effectively with a variety of people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a broader team
- Ability to work well in a busy environment managing multiple demands
- High level computer proficiency with attention to detail and accuracy, particularly using word processing, spread sheet and database applications
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and clinic information Basic problem solving skills
- Completion of an accredited medical receptionist course/knowledge of medical terminology or must be willing to complete a suitable course.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in a clerical position.
- CPR/ triage training and/or experience
- Training and/or experience in management of emergencies, handling complaints, Medicare and Health funds, basic infection control, safe handling and disposal of medical waste, etc.
- must be made in writing
- will be accepted by email, post, facsimile or in person. should be in the form of:
- a Cover Letter referring to the Position Title
- a separate Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria
- a Current Resume with the details of at least three (3) contactable Referees (one of which should be your most recent employer)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.