- Award: Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Classification: TBA
- Hourly wage or Salary: As per award (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- Payment of Wages: Payment will be made fortnightly into your nominated bank account Engagement: Casual (Hours as Required)
- Hours of Work: Dependent upon clinic. General span of working hours are Monday – Friday 7.30am – 8.30pm, Saturday & Sunday 9.30am – 6.30pm. Please note, most clinics operate on public holidays.
- Breaks: (including tea and lunch breaks) are rostered.
- Travel: Travel is unlikely to be required between sites. However in circumstances where surrounding clinics need coverage, travel may be required.
- Police Check: Employment is subject to the incumbent providing the employer with a current and clear National Police Check
- Additional: Potential for contact with hazardous material such as blood and bodily fluids; so may be required to have relevant Immunisations.
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the assigned clinics in all applicable areas, including but not limited to, utilities, programs, finance, doctors and reception.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Act as the contact person between your assigned clinics and head office departments
- Monitor all telephone calls received from your assigned clinic and ensure all enquiries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide advice, training and support to the clinics as required
- Remain up to date with the operations of a GHMC clinic, in particular the reception role
- Remain up to date and informed of head office operations and the functions of all departments and staff
- Assist with organising meetings, accreditation, training (or other as required) for staff and doctors in your assigned clinics
- Ensure all meeting agendas, minutes and attendance sheets are provided to the HR Department
- Be proactive in resolving basic and complex issues
- Ensure adequate follow up and communication on all issues raised
- Liaise with the workforce department to ensure all assigned clinics have the correct doctor’s rosters and communicate with staff and doctors at the clinic
- Ensure new doctors are appropriately accommodated at the clinic
- Liaise with reception staff to ensure doctors are attending the weekly training and forwarding the attendance sheet to workforce
- In collaboration with the programs department, ensure the smooth running of any new program introduced to your assigned clinics and ensure all bookings for Telehealth, Mental Health and Medicals are arranged and coordinated correctly
- Ensure adequate staff coverage at your assigned clinics and communicate any discrepancies to the HR Department. Be actively involved with your assigned clinic’s rosters, leave and timesheets.
- Follow up on any OHS issues raised by your assigned clinics and communicate this to the HR Department
- Maintain all electronic personnel files, ensuring all documentation is recorded and filed in a timely manner
- Liaise with your assigned clinics and purchasing to ensure all orders for stationery and medical supplies are completed in the required time frame
- Liaise with your assigned clinics and the projects department to ensure all repairs and maintenance requests are dealt with and followed up in a timely manner
- Assist the HR department with the preparation and delivery of training sessions
- Participate in weekly team meetings and present a report of your weekly progress
- Keep the Human Resource Team Leaders promptly informed of any HR related issues
- Must maintain confidentiality with all Human Resource dealings
- Participate as an active team member in making suggestions to improve administrative systems and work practices
ACCOUNTABILITY & EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
The applicant is responsible for supporting their assigned clinics with the daily operations. The applicant reports to the Projects department, and functions within the guidelines of the Policy and Procedures of GHMC Clinics.
JUDGEMENT & DECISION MAKING
The applicant is expected to possess and develop excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills to carry out the day to day duties; knowledge of medical terminology and ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all work related issues.
Good Health Medical Centre
- Ensure GHMC’s image is enhanced and protected by performing all duties in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Abide by all GHMC Policies and Procedures.
- Inform Management of any issues likely to adversely affect the performance, image or public perception of the organisation.
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines and use all necessary safety equipment provided, reporting any defect in any such equipment as soon as it comes to your attention.
- Issue GHMC with all personal documentation (e.g. leave applications, sick leave advice, change of address) accurately and promptly.
- Participate in on-going periodic Performance Reviews.
- Act in a respectful, encouraging and helpful manner at all times, particularly when dealing with fellow employees.
- Refrain from making public statements or issuing comments to the media unless specifically authorised by the Directors.
- Ensure due care is exercised in the use of equipment issued or entrusted, and that proper maintenance is carried out on a regular basis.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding applicant, employee, patient, doctor and practice information.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Support and train assigned clinics, ensuring they can operate efficiently on an independent level
- Ensure all concerns/queries from assigned clinics are resolved with a timely manner
- Ensure rosters and time-sheets for assigned clinics are completed within a timely manner
- Maintain accurate departmental records and databases, including electronic personnel files
- Ensure timely communication with assigned clinics and internal departments Gain an understanding of all other Human Resource functions
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA Essential
- Demonstrates an ability to provide high standard administrative support
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate warmly and effectively with a variety of people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a broader team
- Ability to work well in a busy environment managing multiple demands
- High level computer proficiency with attention to detail and accuracy, particularly using word processing, spread sheet and database applications
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and clinic information Problem solving skills
- Completion of an accredited medical receptionist course/knowledge of medical terminology or must be willing to complete a suitable course.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in a clerical position.
- CPR/ triage training and/or experience
- Training and/or experience in management of emergencies, handling complaints, Medicare and Health funds, basic infection control, safe handling and disposal of medical waste, etc.
- must be made in writing
- will be accepted by email, post, facsimile or in person. should be in the form of:
- a Cover Letter referring to the Position Title
- a separate Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria
- a Current Resume with the details of at least three (3) contactable Referees (one of which should be your most recent employer)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.