height=”1″ width=”1″ border=”0″ alt=””
Brisbane City Doctors
For all appointments and enquiries, please call (07) 3221-3366 or click to request an appointment online.
We are happy to hear from you. Please contact us using the information below:
Our Telephone System
The phones are busiest in the mornings taking appointments, so unless it’s absolutely necessary, ring after 2pm for non-urgent matters. If the receptionist is busy on other lines when you call, you will be switched through to a voice message that will allow you to signal immediately to the receptionist if it’s an emergency, leave a message if preferred or to wait on the line until the receptionist is able to take your call.
We have a booking system, which will minimise waiting times. We need your help to ensure its success. You can book your appointments by calling (07) 3221-3366.
REGULAR PRIVATE PATIENTS CAN NOW BOOK APPOINTMENTS ONLINE THROUGH APPOINTUIT AND OZDOCS ONLINE
Click here to book appointments online.
Patients can request scripts, referrals, e-consult and test results online through ozdocs.
Click Here to request scripts, referrals,test results online through ozdocs
Note: there is no Medicare rebate available on this services at the moment. This service is available only for REGULAR PRIVATE PATIENTS If you want bulk bill appointments please ring our surgery on (07) 3221- 3366
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your Appointment for registration and to fill in a health questionnaire.
Please phone the practice to cancel appointments. Please do not use the email to cancel same day appointments. Please ensure you ring us well in advance if you cannot make your appointment so we can offer your appointment to another patient that is in need.
If you are a new patient to the practice could you please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment time so you can fill out the appropriate paperwork and get you in on time for your appointment. Late arrivals may be rebooked so as not to cause increased waiting times for our other patients. We like to pride ourselves on trying to keep to appointment times.
If you have booked a medical you will need to arrive 60 minutes prior to see the nurse for her to do her preparations.
Typical 10 minute appointments
- Urine infection, Rash
- Skin infections, Sports Injury
- Upper respiratory tract infection, Thrush
- Pill script / no pap Pregnancy tests
- Blood pressure check
- Morning after pill, Ear infection
- Sore eye or ear, Simple results discussion
- Minor injuries or infection, Ear syringe
- Breast check (no pap), Laser appointments
Typical 20 minute appointments
- Pregnancy visit
- Menopause counselling
- New patient starting on the pill
- Asthma review with breathing tests
- Initial travel advice visit when masta form back
- Counselling /depression/anxiety/Mental Health Plan
- Pap and breast check
- 6 week check up after baby born
- Baby check at 6 weeks old
- Multiple minor problem appointment
- Medicals – (these must be pre-booked)
- Full skin check
- Children’s immunisations & Growth checks
- Investigations of any of the following:
- Headaches / tiredness / abdominal pain / back pain / chest pain / dizziness / abnormal vaginal bleeding/lower abdominal pains.
What are express appointments?
Express appointments are – NO WAIT bulkbill appointments that are for single simple problems only and require minimal time (less than 10 mins). We can minimize the wait time associated with these appointments by block booking them so they don’t get caught behind other longer appointments. They are a number available daily on request only with selected doctors. If you book this timeslot and your problem is not an “express” one you will have to be rebooked to a standard time slot later so we do not run late and inconvenience our other patients and also so proper time is allotted to the problem. We have introduced this service due to patient demand but we are not willing to compromise quality to provide them. The receptionist can advise you if your health problem may be suitable for an express appt. You must be a current patient with a known problem or with a simple problem with an obvious diagnosis. Please do not abuse these slots by booking inappropriately (which defeats the purpose of them by causing delays and longer patient wait times). Reception staff must know reason for these appointments if you want to choose these so they can know if its an appropriate slot time for your problem
Possible express type appointments
- Typical urine infection (not associated with fever or general unwellness)
- Simple Colds when no other review due.
- Eczema or treatment of a rash of obvious cause e.g. chicken pox, psoriasis, and tinea.
- Cold sore treatment
- Laser appointments
- Ear syringe
- Sore ear
- Stye in the eye (not other eye conditions)
- Hay fever treatment
- Repeat script for blood pressure (no other problems)
- Boil (if early and not needing lancing) or infected bites or cuts.
- Morning after pill
- Confirmation of pregnancy only, (will need another appointment for discussion and referral if an express appt is requested)
- Routine HIV results
- Routine repeat referral not associated with new symptoms that need investigating or complex history that needs a detailed letter to specialist
- Sperm count tests
- Repeat scripts if seen in the last 3 months and no new symptoms or review due.
- Tetanus / hep b / Flu /Gardasil vaccination not associated with travel.
- Repeat Depot provera injection
When you book any of the above problems, ask if the appointment can be treated as an express appointment.
What are extended appointments?
We offer longer appointments on request. These appointments are not bulk billed and billed – 30 mins $210, 40 mins $280
PATIENTS WHO WISH TO AVAIL THEMSELVES OF THESE APPOINTMENTS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THERE IS NO TIME IN THESE BRIEF APPOINTMENTS FOR MORE THAN ONE SIMPLE OBVIOUS DIAGNOSIS PROBLEM TO BE DISCUSSED. PATIENTS NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT TO DO THIS AT A LATER DATE.